Who Truly Owns Your Money?
By John Cammarano
According to Author and Pastor John MacArthur, in the Bible five times more is said about money than prayer.
There are approximately 500 verses on both prayer and faith compared to over 2,300 verses dealing with money and possessions.
In the New Testament Jesus spoke more about money than heaven and hell combined.
Sixteen out of 38 of Christ’s parables deal with money. That means over forty-two percent of Jesus’ parables had money as the subject.
SOME AMAZING STATISTICS
The average American has eight credit cards.
The average balance carried on these cards is over $10,000.
Over 70% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck and are only 90 days away from a potential bankruptcy.
Only 4% of people age 65 or older have an income over $40,000.
That means 96% of people in the world’s wealthiest country have failed to achieve financial success after spending 40 years of their life working!
Luke 19:11-26 / Matthew 25: 14-29 / Luke 16: 1-14
10 COMMANDMENTS OF FINANCIAL SUCCESS
1. Develop a Personalized Financial Program
2. Eliminate all “Bad Debt” / Goal: Become Bad Debt Free
3. Utilize a Monthly Allocation Program
4. Maximize all your protections and Minimize all your costs.
5. Establish an emergency fund equal to a Minimum of Three to Six months of your monthly expenses
6. Establish an Opportunity / Dream fund
7. LBYM = Live Below Your Means. Live on 80% of your income.
8. Save / Invest 10% of your income
9. Goal Set for a 10% Rate of Return
10. Tithe: Give 10% to Your Church. Oliver Wendell Holmes said, “Put not your trust in money, but put your money in trust.”
The majority of Americans do NOT have money problems.
The majority of Americans have a discipline problem. Phil. 4:11-12
A small portion of people have an earnings problem. Prov. 28:19-20
Romans 12:2, “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
Our success in finances does NOT come from how much money we earn.
Our financial success and happiness comes from:
How much we SOW.
How much we SAVE.
How much we SPEND.
Do you truly believe God is the owner and provider of all your finances and possessions?
Read Proverbs 28:19-27. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your ability to Biblically manage your finances?
Read Proverbs 3. Can you see the benefits of managing your money as the Bible instructs?
John Cammarano is a Financial Representative with Alliance Advisory Group. He is a member of the Buffalo Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (BAIFA), the Men's Leadership Team at the Chapel at Crosspoint, AFA, PTC and the Let Them LOL Ministry to Sierra Leone. He has authored the book Sowing Seeds of Wealth* and is a Life Success and Business Development Coach with Empowered Mastery Consultants.